TripAdvisor announces Travelers’ Choice Awards For Experiences
TripAdvisor, the travel planning and booking site, announced the winners of its first-ever Travelers’ Choice awards for Experiences. The awards recognize 345 experiences, tours, and activities globally, highlighting the world’s best experiences overall. They’re also broken down by country, and by category including day cruises, cultural experiences, day trips, multi-day tours, hop-on hop-off tours, and food, beer, and wine experiences.
“We’re excited to announce our first Travelers’ Choice awards for Experiences, according to feedback from the TripAdvisor community,” said Laurel Greatrix, director of communications for TripAdvisor. “Experiences are often the highlight of a trip, and a great way to immerse yourself in the local culture, or even explore your hometown. From a cooking class at a Tuscan farmhouse, to a glow worm cave tour in New Zealand, and three day US National Parks tour, these awards highlight the best things to do around the world, with something for every type of traveler.”
Winners were determined using an algorithm that took into account a business’s reviews, opinions and popularity with travelers over the last year.
Top 10 Experiences in the World
- Cooking Class and Lunch at a Tuscan Farmhouse with Local Market Tour from Florence – Florence, Italy
- Berlin Bike Tour – Berlin, Germany
- New York in One Day Guided Sightseeing Tour – New York City, New York
- Sydney BridgeClimb – Sydney, Australia
- Vatican VIP Experience: Exclusive Breakfast at the Vatican with Early Access to Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel – Rome, Italy
- New Orleans Cooking Class – New Orleans, Louisiana
- Rotorua Maori Hangi Dinner and Performance – Rotorua, New Zealand
- Best of Niagara Falls Tour from Niagara Falls, Ontario – Niagara Falls, Canada
- Vancouver to Victoria and Butchart Gardens Tour by Bus – Vancouver, Canada
- Wild Wicklow Tour including Glendalough from Dublin – Dublin, Ireland
source: Travel Daily News